By using a combination of patented ultraviolet technology (C-UVC) and a high-efficiency particulate air filter (HEPA), 13m3 per minute of air is recirculated, without creating cross-currents. Backed up by more than 15 peer-reviewed articles showing effective reduction of airborne particles, reduction of OR air bacteria levels & PJI reduction, including JOA & AJIC publications.
The Aerobiotix ILLUVIA® air disinfection system is the only technology of its type proven to remove airborne SARS‐CoV‐2 in direct independent testing. (Battelle Biomedical Research Centre) See here for further details and here for the technical report.
The ILLUVIA® air disinfection system is designed for
- Covid Screening
- Diagnostic, Treatment and Transition areas
- Aerosol‐generating procedures
- ICUs, EDs, Maternity
- Delivers 13m3 per minute of ultraclean air, ~10 ACH (Air Change per Hour) or a complete air exchange every 6-7 minutes for a typical OR size.
- Provides real-time monitoring of air quality using a laser based system reading air particulate mass.
- Easily changeable particulate filter cartridges.
- Mobile unit with a small footprint (46cmx46cmxheight 132cm) and low noise(60dB) minimizes impact and allows for easy relocation.
- 15 peer-reviewed articles showing effective reduction of airborne particles, reduction of OR air bacteria levels & PJI reduction, including JOA & AJIC publications. See here for peer reviewed studies.
- 5 year warranty
Protection of staff – less exposure to airborne bacteria and secondary method to reduce surgical plume.
Patient Safety - reduction in infection risk, increased safety measures.
Minimal maintenance - change cartridge, clean exterior surface with approved wipes.
Ease of use - Runs continuously during surgery, Mobile for good fit within a room, Easy access to change cartridge daily, Easy cartridge disposable - the same as drapes and other surgical disposables.