- The LUCAS is portable and easy to use.
- The continuous delivery of compressions in accordance with International Resuscitation guidelines maximises effectiveness and improves chance of survival, especially in prolonged resuscitation attempts and transport. The suction cup ensures proper recoil in between compressions facilitating ventricular refill.
- Patient care is uninterrupted using LUCAS giving maximum “hands on chest” time; there is no need to stop for defibrillation due to the non-conductive nature of its composite material construction.
- Caregiver safety is maximised as tiring compressions are not manually delivered at awkward angles. Emergency responders can now focus on the underlying causes of the arrest and keep chaos at a minimum. Studies show that manually provided CPR quality suffers as providers tire; rates are often too fast meaning that the depth is often insufficient. LUCAS provides guidelines consistent compressions and provides force appropriate to the patient based on their chest compliance.
- The LUCAS is battery powered but can also be powered via mains or DC power giving the greatest flexibility and continuous uninterrupted operation without the worry of battery rotation or flat batteries.
- The LUCAS is also very usable in the Cath Lab due to its radio-translucent nature. LUCAS enables continued interventions during PCI (Percutaneous Coronary Intervention) where the patients arrests on the table.