Designed from the ground up as a dedicated neonatal ventilator, the fabian™ HFO meets meet the special needs of the smallest most vulnerable patients, down to 300g and 2cc tidal volumes.
The fabian™ HFO offers unparalleled flexibility for treating any neonatal patient anywhere in the hospital from NIV, to conventional ventilation, to HFOV. It can also be equipped with smart algorithms to help optimise patient care, such as: Forced Oscillatory Technique (FOT), Volume Guarantee, and PRICO (Closed-Loop).
Development Care – one of the special needs of fragile, premature babies is quiet time for normal growth and development. The fabian™ HFO is equipped with an electromagnetic expiratory valve, highly precise electronic flow meters and a uniquely designed HFO module. This makes the fabian™ HFO one of the most silent ventilators in the world today – without using silencers.
Patient safety – On the receiving end of fabian ventilators are the tiniest and most fragile patients imaginable. Keeping them safe and protected whenever they are ventilated is our first priority of all our thoughts. This includes the reduced risk of volutrauma in HFO with VG, the reduced risk of contamination with the HFO pulse generated from the inspiratory side
• Integrated lock function to prevent inadvertent settings.
• Easy maintenance with few parts for disinfection and sterilization without any risk of infection inside the ventilator – even during HFO ventilation.
• No bacterial filters and therefore no risk of increased resistance during humidified ventilatory therapies.
• Optimal support with reduced Work Of Breathing (iWOB).
• Reduced error risk thanks to the self-training ACUTRONIC concept inside.
• Built-in backup battery pack for up to 2.5 hours of self-powered operation.
Modularity - 4-in-1 All these features and even more in just one device:
• All neonatal and paediatric conventional ventilation modes (Volume Guarantee included)
• Non-Invasive Ventilation modes (NIV)
• O2 therapy with High Flow Nasal Cannula (HFNC) and unique High Frequency Oscillation (HFO) with Lung Recruitment Manoeuvre
• Volume Guarantee
Future Oriented: In addition to the pre-integrated conventional and triggered ventilation modes, software and hardware modules that may be required in the future are easily integrated and can be configured according to your needs
Neonatal and paediatric ventilation modes (IPPV, SIPPV, SIMV, PSV and SIMV+PSV) with independent adjustment of inspiratory and expiratory flow reduces the work of breathing and inadvertent PEEP.
Ventilation beyond limits: nCPAP and DuoPAP modes, for nasal and mask ventilation, with automatic leak compensation, featuring two-level CPAP mode to improve CO2 removal.
Ease of use - A clear, bright touch-screen TFT with intuitive commands reduces human error and puts the focus back on the baby.
Compatibility & Interface
This flexible system is compatible with all conventional breathing circuits currently available on the market.
In addition, the fabian™ HFO is equipped with several communication interfaces (Acutronic AcuLink, Philips VueLink and CapsuleTech) for compatibility to hospital data management systems.
Designed for mobility: thanks to its compact size, the fabian HFO allows for transport within the hospital from delivery room to NICU and easy access to the baby at all times at the bedside.
Comprehensive Device: Allowing easy access to the baby at all times. No disturbances at the bedside in NICU/PICU from device reshuffles.
Lightweight Unit: Designed for safe, practical transportation with integrated electronic gas blender and built-in battery